Why Discovery Kidzone?
Choosing school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. We understand that looking for the best fit can be a challenge. This list highlights just a few of the many advantages of Discovery Kidzone Preschool, to help you make the best decision for yourself and your child.
- Warm, inviting, and joyful family-oriented environment.
- Open year-round, with convenient hours from 7 AM to 5:30 PM.
Recipient of local, state awards and recognitions.
- Hot lunch option and multiple nutritious snacks provided daily.
- Culturally diverse enrollment.
- Qualified, long-term, teaching staff exceeding state standards.
- Age appropriate outside play areas.
- Hands-on Administration including involved Owners, Director of School, Assistant Director of School. We are a family at DKZ!
- Full service early childhood school providing care for Infants (from 6 weeks) through Kindergarten, After-School Care and Summer Camp.
- “Kids’ Night Out” twice a year – providing a fun activity night for kids, while allowing parents a relaxed evening out.
- Outdoor classrooms with creative and exciting play areas
- Immediate photo identification by staff and finger print on check-in computers as parents and children enter to verify identity.
- Instant electronic record of your child’s arrival and departure.
- Computerized record of all individuals authorized to pick up your child.
- Daily health check and double check attendance in classrooms.
- First Aid and CPR certified teachers. First Aid kits in every classroom. Medication administration and EPI-Pen training for all staff.
- Fire drills are performed monthly. Earthquake and evacuation plans are in place and practiced annually. Fully-equipped emergency bags are accessible in every classroom.
- Excellent credentials and training of staff- lengthy interview process includes 3 full state and federal background checks and reference verification, fingerprint verification, a minimum of 8 hours of initial orientation and a minimum of 23 additional training hours a year; Discovery Kidzone greatly exceeds this regulation with the average staff yearly training hours.
- Regular verbal, written, and digital parent communication via online parent portal.
- Monthly curriculum and menus posted.
- Email bulletin detailing upcoming events.
- On-site parent workshops.
- A philosophy that balances developmental and traditional academic principles using Montessori and Reggio Emilia practices.
- STARS certified school
- Curriculum developed by owner, promoting a customized academic and creative curriculum.
- Additional extra-curricular classes offered including: Yoga, Spanish, Cooking, Gymnastics, Dance, Art, Skiing, Science, and more.
- Separate, age-appropriate classrooms.
- Children successfully transition into both public and private schools.
- Kitchen with dedicated cook.
- Locally owned and operated.
- Natural playground and outdoor classrooms with endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Continuous improvements and updates to classrooms and playgrounds.
- Brand new state of the art childcare center is in the process of being built.